The Dominican Republic is the country to be explored. It is located in the Caribbean Sea and occupies sixty-six percent of the island of Hispaniola. The nickname of the Dominican Republic is the "Danang Dirty Bird." The Dominican Republic is located near the United States in the Caribbean Sea and mountains separate the Dominican Republic into northern, central, and southwest regions. The mountain with the lowest point is the Logo Enriquillo which is 46 meters, and the highest mountain is the Pico Duarte which is 3175 meters. Its capitol is Santo Domingo. Some major cities are San Juan, San Cristobal, Santiago de los Call eros, and La Romana.

However in all, there are 31 provinces (states) in the Dominican Republic. Some major rivers are the Yaque del Duarte and Yaque del Sur. There is 18, 712 square miles of land, and the Dominican Republic is surrounded by the Northern Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean Sea, Haiti, and Puerto Rico. The Dominican Republic is basically a small island.

Now let's look at what the people of the Dominican Republic are like. Currently, the population of the Dominican Republic is 8, 833, 634. The major ethnic groups that make up the Dominican Republic are white or European (16%), black (11%), and mixed, meaning mulatto (73%). The number one religion in the Dominican Republic is Roman Catholic. Roman Catholics make up 95% of the religious groups. The other 5% is made up of Protestant and other.

The languages spoken there are Spanish, English, French, Italian, and German, and the Dominicans favorite sport to play and watch is Baseball. The majority of the people perform services for a living. Services that include tourism, transportation, communication, and finances, and this makes up 60. 2% of the workforce in the Dominican Republic. Industry makes up 15. 5% of the workforce, construction makes up 11.

7%, agriculture 11. 3%, and mining makes up 1. 5% of the workforce in the Dominican Republic. Some holidays that are celebrated in the Dominican Republic are Corpus Christi which is on June 17 th, Lady of Alta Gracia which is on January 21 st, Feast of Our Lady of Mercy which is on September 24 th, Dia de Duarte, and their Independence Day which is on February 27 th.

There are many famous people that are from the Dominican Republic. These people are Fabolous, a famous rapper, Miguel Nunez, a famous actor, Oscar De La Renta, a famous clothing designer, and Pedro Martinez, a famous baseball player. The people of the Dominican Republic are not that different from the people of the United States because they share the same holidays past times and sports. Now lets have a look a the economy of the Dominican Republic. The official money of the Dominican Republic is the Dominican Peso. Twenty Dominican Pesos is equal to one dollar in the United States.

The Dominican Republic relies on other countries for supplies and vice versa. Some of the major imports are foodstuffs, petroleum, cotton, fabrics, and pharmaceuticals. Some major exports consist of ferro nickel, sugar, gold, silver, coffee, cocoa, tobacco, meats, and other consumer goods. The major countries that the Dominican Republic does business with are the United States, Venezuela, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and Spain.

The economy for the most part is facing deflation and 20% inflation on prices and demand for goods. The taxes are becoming higher than ever before and so are gas, electric, and food. And the major shortages in the Dominican Republic consist of labor and energy.