June 12, 2004 You can have anything you want... if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose. - Abraham Lincoln Learn to self-conquest, persevere thus for a time, and you will perceive very clearly the advantage which you gain from it. - St. Teresa of Avila No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change.
- Barbara De Angelis June 5, 2004 Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul; the blue prints of your ultimate accomplishments. - Napoleon Hill In every person who comes near you look for what is good and strong, honor that; try to imitate it, and your faults will drop off like dead leaves when their time comes. - John Ruskin There are two educations. One should teach us how to make a living and the other how to live. - John Adams May 29, 2004 None will improve your lot if you yourself do not. - Bert olt Brecht, 1933'When meditation is mastered, the mind is unwavering like the flame of a lamp in a windless place.' - Bhagavad Gita I can give you a six-word formula for success: Think things through...
then follow through. - Captain Edward V. Rickenbacker May 22, 2004 You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. - Eleanor Roosevelt The more people have studied different methods of bringing up children the more they have come to the conclusion that what good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing is best after all. - Benjamin Spock People are eternally divided into two classes, the believer, builder, and praise, and the unbeliever, destroyer and critic. - John Ruskin May 15, 2004 To be capable of steady friendship or lasting love, are the two greatest proofs, not only of goodness of heart, but of strength of mind.
- William Hazlitt There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity. - Elisabeth Guizot Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you " ve had everything to do, and you " ve done it. - Margaret Thatcher May 9, 2004 Let everyone sweep in front of his own door and the whole world will be clean. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe I don't think anything is unrealistic if you believe you can do it. I think if you are determined enough and willing to pay the price, you can get it done.
- Mike Dit kaIf you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of being, then I warn you that you " ll be unhappy for the rest of your life. - Abraham H. Maslow April 29, 2004 Every trial endured and weathered in the right spirit makes a soul nobler and stronger than it was before. - James BuckhamThe important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.
- Charles Du Bos The most damaging phrase in the language is: 'It's always been done that way.' -Rear Admiral Grace Hopper April 24, 2004 Progress in every age results only from the fact that there are some men and women who refuse to believe that what they know to be right cannot be done. - Russell W. Davenport " The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity. - Arthur James Balfour I know a lot of people without brains who do an awful lot of talking. - The Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz April 17, 2004 Thoughtfulness for others, generosity, modesty and self-respect are the qualities which make a real gentleman or lady. -Thomas H.
Huxley When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. - Wayne Dyer You can learn new things at any time in your life if you " re willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you. - Barbara Sher April 9, 2004 Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tzu The vision that you glorify in your mind, the ideal that you enthrone in your heart? this you will build your life by, and this you will become. - James Lane Allen Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother. - Kahlil Gibran April 2, 2004 So great has been the endurance, so incredible the achievement, that, as long as the sun keeps a set course in heaven, it would be foolish to despair of the human race. - Ernest L. Woodward When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life.
- Greg Anderson I shall adopt new views as fast as they shall appear to be true views. - Abraham Lincoln March 26, 2004 Each of us is great insofar as we perceive and act on the infinite possibilities which lie undiscovered and unrecognized about us. - James Harvey Robinson Honesty is the cornerstone of all success, without which confidence and ability to perform shall cease to exist. - M are Kay Ash Remember, happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have, it depends solely upon what you think. - Dale Carnegie March 19, 2004 There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them. -Dr.
Denis WaitleyIf you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, un forgiveness, selfishness, and fears. - Glenn Clark Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting. - Elizabeth BibescoMarch 12, 2004 In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
- Thomas Jefferson Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead. - Louisa May Alcott Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into. -Wayne Dyer March 5, 2004 Discipline is the foundation upon which all success is built.
Lack of discipline inevitably leads to failure. - Jim RohnThe only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything. - Theodore Roosevelt He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie February 27, 2004 If you view all the things that happen to you, both good and bad, as opportunities, then you operate out of a higher level of consciousness.
- Les Brown Maturity is achieved when a person postpones immediate pleasures for long-term values. - Joshua L. Liebman Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done. - Harriet Beecher Stowe February 20, 2004 He who has learned to disagree without being disagreeable has discovered the most valuable secret of a diplomat. - Robert Estabrook Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves; they therefore remain bound. - James Allen Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it.
- William James February 13, 2004'I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.' - Helen Keller In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher. -Dalai Lama It is a fine thing to have ability, but the ability to discover ability in others is the true test. - Elbert Hubbard February 6, 2004 There's no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen. - Wayne Dyer Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts.
All depends on the principals which direct them. - Napoleon Bonaparte Yearn to understand first and to be understood second. - Beca Allen January 30, 2004 We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about. - Charles Kingsley Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others, cannot keep it from themselves. - Sir James M.
Barrie Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one is to blame. -Erica Jong January 23, 2004 Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade? - Benjamin Franklin Happiness is not best achieved by those who seek it directly. - Bertrand Russell I am always busy, which is perhaps the chief reason why I am always well.
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton January 16, 2004 Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton It is neither wealth nor splendor; but tranquility and occupation which give happiness.
- Thomas Jefferson Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill January 9, 2004 Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction. - Anne Frank It is good to dream, but it is better to dream and work. Faith is mighty, but action with faith is mightier. - Thomas Robert Gaines Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. - John Wooden January 2, 2004 Part of the happiness of life consists not in fighting battles but in avoiding them.
A masterly retreat is in itself a victory. - Norman Vincent Peale It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel NewcomberWhen you sit with a nice girl for two hours, you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute, you think it's two hours. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein December 26, 2003 Experience shows that success is due less to ability than to zeal.
The winner is he who gives himself to his work, body and soul. - Charles Buxton He who reigns within himself and rules his passions, desires, and fears is more than a king. - John Milton Even a fool knows you can't touch the stars, but it doesn't stop a wise man from trying. - Harry Anderson, 'Night Court " December 19, 2003 The greatest pleasure I know is to do a good action by stealth, and to have it found out by accident. - Charles Lamb Self-pity gets you nowhere. One must have the adventurous daring to accept oneself as a bundle of possibilities and undertake the most interesting game in the world -- making the most of one's best.
- Harry Emerson Fosdick The marble not yet carved can hold the form of every thought the greatest artist has. - Michelangelo December 12, 2003 Class is an aura of confidence that is being sure without being cocky. Class has nothing to do with money. Class never runs scared. It is self-discipline and self-knowledge.
It's the sure footed ness that comes with having proved you can meet life. - Ann Landers More important than talent, strength, or knowledge is the ability to laugh at yourself and enjoy the pursuit of your dreams. - Amy Grant To succeed... you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you. - Tony Dorsett December 5, 2003 It takes less time to do things right than to explain why you did it wrong.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow The shy man will not learn; the impatient man should not teach. - Hillel There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group; there is less competition there. - Indira Gandhi November 28, 2003 Bad habits are like chains that are too light to feel until they are too heavy to carry.
- Warren Buffet A prudent question is one-half of wisdom. - Francis Bacon The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting goals and achieving them. Even the most tedious chore will become endurable as you parade through each day convinced that every task, no matter how menial or boring, brings you closer to fulfilling your dreams. - Og MandinoNovember 21, 2003 Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws, to be led by permanent ideals - that is what keeps a man patient when the world ignores him, and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him.
- Honore De Balzac Instead of thinking about where you are, think about where you want to be. It takes twenty years of hard work to become an overnight success. - Diana Rankin November 14, 2003 To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to. - Kahlil Gibran In the final analysis there is no solution to man's progress but the day's honest work, the day's honest decisions, the day's generous utterances and the day's good deed. - Clare Booth Luce You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson November 7, 2003 What this power is, I cannot say. All I know is that it exists... and it becomes available only when you are in that state of mind in which you know EXACTLY what you want... and are fully determined not to quit until you get it. - Alexander Graham Bell Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. - Galbraith's Law October 31, 2003'The nearest way to glory is to strive to be what you wish to be thought to be.' - Socrates " Live out of your imagination instead of out of your memory.' - Les Brown Courage is the mastery of fear, not the absence of fear.
- Mark Twain October 24, 2003 Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become. - Jim RohnOptimisn is the one quality more associated with success and happiness than any other - Brian Tracy Lack of forgiveness cases almost all of our self-sabotaging behavior. - Mark Victor Hansen October 17, 2003'Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great, make you feel that you too can become great.' - Mark Twain " My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.' - Abraham Lincoln " Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you.
Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I may not forget you.' - William Arthur October 10, 2003 There is real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment. - Norman Vincent Peale We must overcome the notion that we must be regular... It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre.
- Uta Hagen My goal is simple. It is complete understanding of the universe, why it as it is and why it exists as all. - Stephen Hawking October 3, 2003 Use what talent you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best. - Henry Van Dyke You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour. - Jim RohnThe man who trims himself to suit everybody will soon whittle himself away.
- Charles Schwab September 26, 2003 The secret of success is making your vocation your vacation. - Mark Twain believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie. I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe it is better to know than to be ignorant.
- H. L. Mencken You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself. - Galileo Work as though you would live forever, and live as though you would die today. - Og MandinoSeptember 19, 2003 It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to.
- Walter Linn Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left. - Hubert Humphrey If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them.
- Henry David Thoreau September 12, 2003 One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man. - Elbert Hubbard Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar A mediocre idea that generates enthusiasm will go further than a great idea that inspires no one.
- Mary Kay Ash September 5, 2003 If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, then we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games. - Paul 'Bear' Bryant Every man dies. Not every man lives.
- Tim Robbins in The Shawshank Redemption The only limits to the possibilities in your life tomorrow are the buts you use today. - Les Brown August 29, 2003 A man dies daily, only to be reborn in the morning, bigger, better and wiser. - Emmett Fox No one's head aches when he is comforting another - Indian Proverb Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff that life is made of- Benjamin Franklin. August 22, 2003 If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else. - Yogi Berri Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
- Elbert Hubbard Before you build a better mousetrap, it helps to know if there are any mice out there. - Mortimer B. Zuckerman August 15, 2003 A certain amount of opposition is of great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with the wind. - John Neal Genius is the gold in the mine; talent is the miner who works and brings it out. - Lady BlessingtonProblems are only opportunities in work clothes.
- Henry J. Kaiser August 8, 2003 The only way to have a friend is to be one. - Ralph Waldo Emerson We must indeed all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Benjamin Franklin In business, you don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate. - Chester L.
KarrassAugust 1, 2003 Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Alva Edison A ship in harbor is safe -- but that is not what ships are for. - John A. Shedd Love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction. - Antoine de Saint-ExuperyJuly 25, 2003 You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it.
- Charles Buxton I am always willing to learn, however I do not always like to be taught. - Winston Churchill I always remember an epitaph which is in the cemetery at Tombstone, Arizona. It says: 'Here lies Jack Williams. He done his damnedest.' I think that is the greatest epitaph a man can have. - Harry S Truman July 18, 2003 A 'No' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble.
- Mahatma Gandhi The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. - Dolly Parton Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift -- which is why they call it the present. - Bill Keane July 11, 2003 If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Isaac Newton Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. - Winston Churchill July 4, 2003 You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.
- Galileo Would you like me to give you a formula for... success? It's quite simply, really. Double your rate of failure... You " re thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn't at all...
You can be discouraged by failure -- or you can learn from it. So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because, remember that's where you " ll find success. On the far side of failure.
- Thomas J. Watson Even on the most exalted throne in the world we are only sitting on our own bottom. - Michel de Montaigne June 27, 2003 You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor. - James Allen The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains.
The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. - William A. Ward Leadership is not magnetic personality -- that can just as well be a glib tongue. It is not 'making friends and influencing people' -- that is flattery.